Become a Certified Yoga Teacher
Yoga East Healing Arts 200 Hour and 300 Hour
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Programs
Our Yoga Alliance approved 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training(YTT) and 300 hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program is located in Cape Girardeau Missouri and serves the Heartland Regional area of Southeast Missouri, Southern Illinois, and Western Kentucky. Our yoga teacher training programs blend the ancient philosophy of yoga science with the contemporary art of teaching yoga as a transformational practice of self care and health and wellness. If you are already a 200 hour certified yoga teacher please see our advanced 300 hour yoga teacher training page. If you are want to apply now for the 200 hour basic yoga teacher certification program for 2018-19 calendar year, please click on the green link below.
The 200 hour program will meet one night a week for 3-4 hours for 10 months for completion (180 contact hours 20 non-contact hours). Included in the affordable tuition is 4 classes/month or private sessions scheduled independently depending on your location.
The 300 hour advanced teacher training meets as weekend intensives scheduled by the school.
To learn more about our program call 573-388-7272 to speak with the program director.
Our Program and Approaches to Teacher Training
- Yoga Alliance Approved: Our 200 hour yoga teacher training program is approved by the National Yoga Alliance and meets the standards for certification through that organization. Read our reviews from past YTT graduates here.
- Experiential Learning: Instruction and information is provided by a variety of formats, which includes direct participation in physical practice of asana as well as lecture, group discussion, reading assignments, and practice teach back demonstrations.
- Affordable Quality Instruction : We consciously limit the number of students to provide hands on instruction from our highly qualified lead trainers. There are multiple payment plan options available. Once your application is accepted there is a $600 non refundable fee to hold your space. There is no application fee and this may be completed online.
- Hatha Yoga Focus: The core focus of our program is a simple alinement based form of hatha yoga. You will learn to teach 28 basic foundational yoga poses including modifications with props and variations. In addition you will learn to adapt/teach many of these core asanas as both restorative supported poses and a variation to teach as vigorous vinyasa flow.
- Empowered Essence: We teach yoga as an holistic mind/body inquiry to know one self and be empowered by the inherent wisdom within.
The State of Yoga Teaching
Yoga Teacher Highlights from the 2016 Yoga in America Survey conducted by Yoga Journal & Yoga Alliance:
- All audiences surveyed agree that warm and friendly demeanor, clarity, and knowledge of yoga poses are characteristics that make for a great yoga teacher
- There are two people interested in becoming a yoga teacher for every one current teacher
- Half of yoga teachers have been teaching for more than six years