Become a Certified Yoga Teacher
Yoga East Healing Arts 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
Now offered in a two part 10 day retreat format. Summer 2018
All new applications submitted will be for 2018-2019 calendar year. We encourage you to apply early for our 2018-2019 class. We only accept 12 students per year to keep our student teacher ratio small so we can better serve the needs of our students. It is recommended that every applicant have a minimum of one year of yoga practice prior to applying for teacher training and or six months with the recommendation of a certified yoga teacher.
Our Yoga Alliance approved 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training(YTT) located in Cape Girardeau Missouri serves the Heartland Regional area of Southeast Missouri, Southern Illinois, and Western Kentucky. Our yoga teacher training program blends the ancient philosophy of yoga science with the contemporary art of teaching yoga as a transformational practice of self care and health and wellness.
If you are ready to apply now for 2018-19 calendar year, please click on the green link below.
To learn more about our program email us with any questions at email@example.com or call 573-388-7272 to speak with the program director. Free informational meeting will be held on Feb 18th from 4-5 pm to meet and greet, review syllabus and answer questions. Please register for that http://yogaeasthealingarts.com/calendar/
Our Program and Approaches to Teacher Training
- Yoga Alliance Approved: Our 200 hour yoga teacher training program is approved by the National Yoga Alliance and meets the standards for certification through that organization. Read our reviews from past YTT graduates here.
- Retreat Format : Our 200 hour program is now offered in a two part mini retreat format. Both sections need to be completed during the same session in order for 200 hour certification. Housing and meals are not included in tutuion but have many affordable options for students out of state who wish to stay on site during the retreat. Call for more details.
- 2018 Program Dates: June 15th through June 24th and July 15th through July 24th. Registration is now open through April 15th.
- Experiential Learning: Instruction and information is provided by a variety of formats, which includes direct participation in physical practice of asana as well as lecture, group discussion, reading assignments, and practice teach back demonstrations.
- Affordable Quality Instruction : We consciously limit the number of students to provide hands on instruction from our highly qualified lead trainers. The total cost of the 200 hour program is $2,350.00 and includes all books and a comprehensive 200 page teachers manual. There are multiple payment plan options . Once your application is accepted there is a $600 non refundable fee to hold your space. There is no application fee and this may be completed online.
- Hatha Yoga Focus: The core focus of our program is a simple alinement based form of hatha yoga. You will learn to teach 28 basic foundational yoga poses including modifications with props and variations. In addition you will learn to adapt/teach many of these core asanas as both restorative supported poses and a variation to teach as vigorous vinyasa flow.
- Empowered Essence: We teach yoga as an holistic mind/body inquiry to know one self and be empowered by the inherent wisdom within.
The State of Yoga Teaching
Yoga Teacher Highlights from the 2016 Yoga in America Survey conducted by Yoga Journal & Yoga Alliance:
- All audiences surveyed agree that warm and friendly demeanor, clarity, and knowledge of yoga poses are characteristics that make for a great yoga teacher
- There are two people interested in becoming a yoga teacher for every one current teacher
- Half of yoga teachers have been teaching for more than six years