Become a Certified Yoga Teacher
Yoga East Healing Arts 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
Many thanks to the Heartland Yoga Community our 2017-2018 yoga teacher training program is full and closed .
All new applications submitted after August 15th 2017 will be for 2018-2019 calendar year. We encourage you to apply early for our 2018-2019 class. We only accept 12 students per year to keep our student teacher ratio small so we can better serve the needs of our students. It is recommended that every applicant have a minimum of one year of yoga practice prior to applying for teacher training and or six months with the recommendation of a certified yoga teacher.
Our Yoga Alliance approved 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training(YTT) located in Cape Girardeau Missouri serves the Heartland Regional area of Southeast Missouri, Southern Illinois, and Western Kentucky. Our yoga teacher training program blends the ancient philosophy of yoga science with the contemporary art of teaching yoga as a transformational practice of self care and health and wellness.
If you are ready to apply now for 2018-19 calendar year, please click on the green link below.
To learn more about our program email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-388-7272 to speak with the program director.
Our Program and Approaches to Teacher Training
- Yoga Alliance Approved: Our 200 hour yoga teacher training program is approved by the National Yoga Alliance and meets the standards for certification through that organization. Read our reviews from past YTT graduates here.
- Weekend Format : We meet the second weekend every month September through May. Each Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) weekend Friday 6-9 pm Saturday and Sundays 8-6 pm.
- 2017-18 Program Dates: Sept 8-10, Oct.13-15th, Nov.10-12th, Dec,8-10th, Jan12-14th, Feb9-11th, March 9-11th, April13-15. May 11-13 .
- Experiential Learning: Instruction and information is provided by a variety of formats, which includes direct participation in physical practice of asana as well as lecture, group discussion, reading assignments, and practice teach back demonstrations.
- Affordable Quality Instruction : We consciously limit the number of students to provide hands on instruction from our highly qualified lead trainers. The total cost of the 200 hour program is $2,350.00 and includes all books and a comprehensive 200 page teachers manual. There are multiple payment plan options including an early bird discount of $250.00 if the total program amount is paid in full by August 1st, 2017.
- Hatha Yoga Focus: The core focus of our program is a simple alinement based form of hatha yoga. You will learn to teach 28 basic foundational yoga poses including modifications with props and variations. In addition you will learn to adapt/teach many of these core asanas as both restorative supported poses and a variation to teach as vigorous vinyasa flow.
- Empowered Essence: We teach yoga as an holistic mind/body inquiry to know one self and be empowered by the inherent wisdom within.
The State of Yoga Teaching
Yoga Teacher Highlights from the 2016 Yoga in America Survey conducted by Yoga Journal & Yoga Alliance:
- All audiences surveyed agree that warm and friendly demeanor, clarity, and knowledge of yoga poses are characteristics that make for a great yoga teacher
- There are two people interested in becoming a yoga teacher for every one current teacher
- Half of yoga teachers have been teaching for more than six years