Relax & Renew Retreat
Sunday May 1st 2:00 -4:00 pm
Judy Grier RN, LMT, ERYT- 500.
There are so many possibilities for combining these two systems. Reiki is a wonderful relaxation technique as well as healing energy work. Usually, a Reiki practitioner places his/her hands on the receiver over the chakras, working along the back and the front of the body. There are seven major chakras on our body and hundreds of minor ones.
Restorative Yoga is a supported practice of passive yoga poses with active relaxation of mind and body. It is nurturing, and deeply relaxing and beneficial for the body. Poses are held for several minutes with focused attention to deep breathing,
Here are a few reasons why Reiki and Restorative Yoga combine so well together:
- Receiving Reiki in restorative poses that emphasize the same area one is treating with the hand positions greatly enhance the efficacy of both.
- The slow pacing of restorative yoga gives Reiki energy the time to flow into each position being treated.
- They both are an energetic chakra or subtle body based practice
- Yoga and Reiki open up each major chakra energy center.
- Reiki that’s particularly beneficial for Yogis (ex. Reiki on the hips)
- Yoga assisting (spotting)can be offerred using Reiki hands
- Working with specific pathologies using Yoga and Reiki
We will invite our practice time together in this retreat practice to reflect the purpose or essence of yoga which is union along with the guiding principles of Reiki.
PRINCIPLES OF REIKI
Just for today, be free and happy
Just for today, have joy
Just for today, you are taken care of
Live consciously in the moment
Be mindful of all you do
Be thankful for the many blessings – known and unknown
Honor those who have gone before you
Be true to your self – work hard
Just for today, show love and respect for every living thing
Just for today, be at peace
To Purchase a pass and register online now for this retreat http://yogaeasthealingarts.com/event/relax-renew-retreat/?instance_id=1374