Yoga Teacher Training Program
Now accepting applications for 2018 Fall Program
Sue Greenwood – 300 Hour Lead Trainer
If we haven’t yet met, I would encourage you to read my blog samadhimama@blogspot, find me on Twitter @suegreenwood10, Google “Sue Greenwood Yoga”, and most of all attend a class with me or one of the open houses upcoming. I will discuss any concerns or questions you may have. We would love to hear from you and thank you for your interest in this program.
Judy Grier – 300 Hour Lead Trainer
I’m happy to be teaching in the advanced yoga teacher training program this year. Teaching yoga is a constant ongoing process. No matter how far you have traveled on the path there is always more to discover in yoga. Please join us this fall to begin the next part of the journey. You may contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to chat about the program.
Contact us for Full Program Schedule Details.
Welcome to the Yoga East Healing Arts Studio 300 hour advanced yoga teacher training program (A-YTT). This program is for yoga students who have completed a 200 hour yoga teacher training (YTT), have had a minimum of one year of regular yoga practice. If you are a dedicated yoga practitioner and teacher interested in expanding your own personal practice, focus, and teaching we welcome you to deepen your teaching and your yoga path with this program. Below you will find a brief summary of all course requirements for your A-YTT. Please be certain you are clear on course program requirements and expectations prior to completing your registration into the program.
The 300 credit hour yoga teacher training course (A-YTT) at Yoga EAST meets the minimum standards set by the Yoga Alliance to become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) at the 500 hour level (200 YTT, 300 A-YTT).
The course includes 5 CORE weekend intensives as well as elective selections to assist you in tailoring a program that meets your specific goals. You will also be required to meet individually with instructors regarding your work. Lastly, you will also be required to complete assigned reading, homework, and class participation/observation hour requirements, and teaching requirements. This is a comprehensive program designed to give students an in-depth knowledge of yoga techniques, philosophy, anatomy and teaching methodology. Upon successful completion of the 300 hour course, students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion and will be eligible to register with The Yoga Alliance as a certified 500 hour yoga teacher.
Our goal is to provide students with the ability to teach hatha yoga in an anatomically safe an energetically integrated manner to the general adult population, as well as special populations in classes and private settings. Our school curriculum is intended to certify participants
under the educational standards set forth by the National Yoga Alliance for approved registered yoga schools.
At the end of training, participants will have learned the following skills.
- Teach a mixed-level hatha class to students with a variety of challenges and/or requirements.
- Demonstrate and teach modifications for special populations outlines in the program (structutral, medical, pregnancy, cancer, etc.).
- Demonstrate and teach intensifications for advanced students.
- Develop advanced sequencing
- Explain and provide instruction on various types of meditation and pranayama techniques.
- Proficiently complete a formal and informal postural assessment.
- Learn and teach yoga poses by anatomical focus.
- Develop and teach advanced restorative and yin yoga classes and practices.
- Create a successful, ethical yoga business from your own theoretical framework and focus.
- Explore the intuitive teaching model as well as advanced class designs for different populations.
- Express yourself using Non-violent Communication (NVC).
- Use The Work by Byron Katie and be able to offer it as a strategy to students/clients.
The 300 hour training is REQUIRED to:
- Earn RYT-500 and E-RYT 500 vis Yoga Alliance through teaching and training
- Earn C-IAYT through International Association of Yoga Therapists (other requirements needed)
- Provide YACEP credentialed CEUs to yoga teachers through workshops and retreats.
- Be a lead teacher in a YA credentialed YTT or A-YTT program.
- Start a Yoga School certified through YA out of your current studio.
Program Involvement & Attendance:
We encourage all of our students to strive for 100% attendance. 90% attendance is required for weekend contact hours and missed hours/ make up assignments must be completed prior to the start of the next weekend module. In some instances additional fees may be incurred for tutoring hours on content by one of the A-YTT staff teachers.
Home work assignments must be complete and turned in on time and may consist of non contact hours.
Each student will be responsible for creating their own workbook manual that will be graded comprehensively at the end of the course. Materials will be given by instructors and all assignments and other written work is to be included in the journal.
Yoga teacher trainees will be graded on a pass/fail basis for the observation assignments and practice/apprentice teaching. All practice teaching hours are mandatory and must be completed with passing grade. You will be required to practice outside of your training at Yoga East and journal reflectively and thoughtfully about this work.
Contact us for Full Program Schedule Details.
Hurry!! The Fall 2018 training is right around the corner!!